Chris,Just as Karen, I'm not totally clear on the problem, but perhaps you could try to play with the various options under  Window/Arrange/"float in windows" or "float all in windows" for example. Then you should be free to resize move etc. any documents however you please.Aurore (on a pc)

Aurore Simonnet SSU EPO - Scientific Illustrator [log in to unmask]