www.barbaraharmon.com
www.harmon-murals.blogspot.com
508•430•8308

On Mar 24, 2019, at 8:52 AM, Geoff Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Just to warn people, Photoshop “Save for web” doesn’t compress colours, relative to each other, to fit into the smaller sRGB colour space, as it’s meant to. The engine broke when Kodak went broke and Adobe has never fixed it.
This shouldn’t affect the file size though.
Cheers,
Geoff

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Britt Griswold
Sent: Sunday, 24 March 2019 1:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Image sizing

Barbara,

It would seem that Photoshop CC is not truly saving a clean JPG with out lots of Photoshop crud buried inside, possibly it is also including a color profile, which is not really needed if you have converted the images to an sRGB colorspace. See if there is a setting in the web export that is set to include a color profile.

Britt