From: Brown, Richard <[log in to unmask]>
To: ECN-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Mar 14, 2019 10:50 pm
Subject: Re: carrying pinned specimens on airplanes

Following up recent thread about form 3-177, I will be going to the European Congress of Lepidoptera in Italy this June.  I would like to hand carry some type specimens that I borrowed in the past. I have the loan forms to cover these types.  Does anybody know if there have been recent issues with carrying pinned specimens through TSA screening? I don’t think form 3-177 would be relevant to this.

Richard L. Brown
W.L. Giles Distinguished Professor
Director, Mississippi Entomological Museum
Dept. Biochemistry, Molecular Biology,
      Entomology & Plant Pathology
Box 9775 (100 Old Highway 12)
Mississippi State, MS 39762