Ann Romines has forwarded you this email with the following message:

I just received this email and thought you might find it interesting. Willa is the Poem of the Day!  Interesting choice, isn't it?  If you don't subscribe to this free service, you might consider it.  I find the daily choices of poems always interesting, sometimes wonderful, Ann's sometimes surprising--recently they featured WC's friend Witter Bynner!                         Best, Ann Romines

View this email on a browserForward to a friend
April 27, 2019

Fides, Spes

Willa Cather
"Fides, Spes" by Willa Cather

About This Poem

“Fides, Spes” was published in April Twilights (The Gorham Press, 1903).

Willa Cather was born on December 7, 1873. Best known for her fiction, her poetry collections include April Twilights and Other Poems (Alfred A. Knopf, 1923). She died in New York City on April 24, 1947.

more-at-poets

Poetry by Cather

April Twilights and Other Poems

(Everyman’s Library, 2013)

"Magdalen Walks" by Oscar Wilde

read-more

"Dandelions" by Frances Ellen Watkins Harper

read-more

"Two Sewing" by Hazel Hall

read-more

April Guest Editor: Tracy K. Smith

Thanks to Tracy K. Smith, poet laureate of the United States and author of Wade in the Water (Graywolf Press, 2019), who curated Poem-a-Day for this month’s weekdays. Read a Q&A with Smith about her curatorial approach this month and find out more about our guest editors for the year.

make a one-time donation