*Call for Nominations*

*Award for Best Essay in Popular Music Scholarship*

Deadline: June 15, 2019

*https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ams-2Dnet.org_studygroups_pmsg_events.html&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=VA3zh-d0OzOUrRU8MnPR6zMXU458wDiOlHm4_5jv4t4&s=kX6LkgQOEo-s5RkpJ-1Jr_GP4ql8w72wB0tk7qnYTlM&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ams-2Dnet.org_studygroups_pmsg_events.html&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=VA3zh-d0OzOUrRU8MnPR6zMXU458wDiOlHm4_5jv4t4&s=kX6LkgQOEo-s5RkpJ-1Jr_GP4ql8w72wB0tk7qnYTlM&e=>*

The Popular Music Study Group of the AMS invites nominations for its third
annual Award for the Best Essay in Popular Music Scholarship.
The award will be presented for a journal article or chapter in an edited
collection. It is open to scholars of any rank. The award is not limited to
members of the PMSG, but the nomination must come from either a member in
good standing or from the editor of the book/journal. We encourage
self-nominations.

The nominating person must submit a short endorsement of the work
describing its significance and including the particulars of the
publication: press/venue, date, title, and author. Please also include a
link to and/or PDF attachment of the work. Any essay with a copyright year
of * 2018* is eligible for consideration.

The deadline for nominations is June 15, 2019. Please send nominations
to Sara Gulgas at sgulgas -at- email.arizona.edu.The award will be
announced at the PMSG business meeting held during the annual AMS
conference in November 2019.