On Apr 25, 2019, at 11:27 AM, Hugo van Harlo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Hi friends,I'm happy to announce a short-form, five page history research paper competition that will be happening at Lilies. Details below:-----The SCA has come to cover a vast stretch of human history: all the years before the seventeenth century, all across the world. A wonderful myriad of cultures have thrived in that long time span, and the SCA gives us all opportunities to sample - or drink deeply - from the experiences and examples of these long-ago peoples.
Write a short research paper about a slice of history you find particularly enthralling. It could be a culture, an event, an individual, or a particular historical development.
• Keep your entries to roughly five pages or 2,500 words
• Include your sources in some manner (c'mon, half the fun of reading papers is chasing down new sources)!
• ENTRY DEADLINE: 11:59PM, Sunday May 26th
• Submit papers to Hugo van Harlo
JUDGING & PRIZES
• THE PRIZE: A Half-Price Books gift card will be awarded to two winners: one Mallet, Swan, or below, and another to a Laurel, Lily, or Hammer.
• JUDGING / FEEDBACK SESSION: Wednesday 1:00-3:00; Entrants will be contacted with a specific time slot, but everyone is welcome to come be history geeks together at this time.
Winners will be announced at court.
• LOCATION: Bull Woods' camp kitchen (across from the showers and Heralds' Point)
• JUDGES: Three awesome research-loving, history-geeking-out-on, paper-reading, friendly neighborhood Laurels:
› Mistress Jorunn Eydisardottir
› Master Rhodri ap Hywel
› Count Marius Lucian Fidelis
• SPONSOR: Hugo van Harlo-----Yovr moſt hvmble ſervant,
Hvgo van Harlo
-- Manage your subscription at https://LISTSERV.UNL.EDU