Checked with B&H, NYC..they use a lab, Imaging Coliseum, 646-476-7165…call to get the details, cost, labeling of your product, all their protocols.

Olivia
On Apr 10, 2019, at 4:49 PM, olivia carlisle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks Geoff, As I understood their comments…the items were their personal films, images, etc. I will mention to them that there are copyright issues on any commercial items and these would need to be excluded…my mistake.

Olivia Carlisle

On Apr 10, 2019, at 4:26 PM, Geoff Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Olivia,
                      Be aware that commercial videos can’t be copied. It may be different in the USA but in Australia VHS tapes have a built in shudder if copied.
Blue-ray will last as long as DVD. Ripping Blu-ray is not the same quality but commercial ones are copy protected too.
Cheers,
Geoff

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of olivia carlisle
Sent: Thursday, 11 April 2019 3:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Seeking Transcription service - Old video tape, Blue Ray, Photographic Prints

Good Evening Everyone,

Looking for transcription service, old video tape, Blue Ray, photographic prints, other visual media,…to DVD, whatever will last for a long time! Thanks!

C Olivia (“OC”) Carlisle
Scientific Illustration, Photographic Fine Art, Graphic Design
Guild of Natural Science Illustrators
“Take Flight And Soar With Your Dreams”