Hi OC,

I haven't any company recommendations. We want also to turn some old video tape into digital.  I would look locally, maybe camera shops, if you live in a large city. In our very small area, Walgreens and Target offer to digitize video tapes, but I haven't tried them, and don't know what their resolution would be, either. That would be worth comparing with professional companies also.

I would think that asking for a digital format, would allow you to burn DVDs as well as store on hard drives.  That's my plan anyway.
I thought of trying their services on one unimportant video, before I trust them with my really important memories.  Then also to check the quality.

Good Luck,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615