From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Zohreh Niknia <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 11:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: MMT textbook sells out

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2019, at 5:18 AM, Wray, Randall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

apropos the textbook see the Bloomberg article with nice quote from John Watkins. And what a glorious picture!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-31/a-600-page-textbook-about-modern-monetary-theory-has-sold-out

If book sales are any guide, then Modern Monetary Theory is gaining traction.

The unorthodox doctrine, which says governments have spare capacity to borrow and spend, has won attention on Wall Street and enemies (as well as a few friends) in Washington. Now, itís trying to break into academia. And itís off to a good start.

L. Randall Wray
Senior Scholar, Levy Economics Institute
Papers: www.levyinstitute.org/publications/?auth=287

Co-editor Journal of Post Keynesian Economics
ISSN 0160-3477 (Print), 1557-7821 (Online)
www.tandfonline.com/toc/mpke20/current

http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/mpke20/current

New Book: Why Minsky Matters: An Introduction to the work of a maverick economist, Princeton University Press http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10575.html

New Book: Modern Money Theory: a primer on macroeconomics for sovereign monetary systems, Palgrave Macmillan http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/modern-money-theory-l-randall-wray/?isb=9781137539908

Please make note of my new email address as I will be transitioning all email to: