Yoshinori,

fully agreed, no problem. I have argued that a lot of dynamics in the neoclassical mainstream is taking place in generating variants of models and mid-range theories, which apparently is located in the protective belt, while their teaching, advising, public ideology-generating all refer to (are based on) the hard core of basic axioms, the basic world-view and core reference models of the world.

And there is located individualist optimization and myopic rationality, partial equilibrium and general equilibrium, as you say.

But as they have crashed (i.e., being increasingly unconvincing and unattractive, running into puzzles, if you like) with a lot of their core, namely individualistic isolated rationality and GET, very few of them really continue to work in their hard core, but tend to do research in the protective belt. So the core remains untouched, which of course is its characteristic, and thus can still be used in textbook writing, teaching and public bla-bla-ing.

The question then has been for years (increasingly so since 2008), why such a paradigm does not fall into a severe crisis and gets replaced, according to Kuhnian sequences. This has to do with both

(1)  the “internalist” problem of measuring and proofing in the social sciences and with

(2)  the “externalist” function of economics (in particular) to generate the legitimation, ideology and everyday rhetoric (and consciousness) of the ruling system.

Which in turn means, as I have argued, there is a growing schizophrenia between their hard core and their protective belt, if you prefer it this way.

Best,

Wolfram.