Thank you, Jenny, for following up. My inquiry did, in fact, produce a working phone number for Marc - and thankfully within a few hours of my original posting. Marc answered the phone - he was in Hawaii at the time - and I learned that he is mostly retired and lives part time in CA and part time in HI. He referred me to another attorney in Oakland, Mark Bogatin, who now is helping me with my issue.

Lynette