Hi all,
We are putting the finishing touches on two exhibits at the Frost Entomological Museum, and I thought I'd reach out and see if any ECNers had compelling content they'd be willing to share.

Exhibit A is about how we collect arthropods, including various tools and traps, most of which are physically represented in the exhibit space. We have room on the sign to show off unusual or fun collecting methods. Do any of you have a favorite? A short narrative with a drawing or photo we could use? The more unusual the better! The truck-mounted sweep net, for example ...

Exhibit B covers specimen preparation, including pinning, pointing, ethanol preservation, and slide-mounting. A portion of the exhibit treats proper labeling. We have what we consider to be an exemplary label, with all the right data. We are looking for a photo or scan of an unusual, funny, or historically significant label to accompany the contemporary label. Do any of you have one you're willing to share? Here are two examples from our collection:
https://flic.kr/p/2g5Hknz
https://flic.kr/p/eZfTxy

Thanks for any insights and funny stories!
Andy