In Texas an appeals court decided against a photographer suing the University of Houston for using one of his copyrighted photos, saying "the university's action did not comprise 'taking' of the image."  Read more at:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/3294740087/texas-court-says-state-institutions-can-use-copyrighted-material-for-free

--
Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA