One of the things I’ve learned as a Times subscriber is to never, ever read Bret Stephens, no matter what he’s writing about.

Thomas Gallagher
646 256 2069

From: 5 Bank Street: The Listserv for Willa Cather Scholars <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Joshua Dolezal
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [5BANKSTREET] Cather for our time . . . again

Perfect antidote is stretching it since Cather’s immigrants were largely white. No mention in My Antonia of Native American displacement. Jim’s Nebraska seems immune from the Civil War and the tumult of Reconstruction.

I love My Antonia for many reasons. Nostalgia for American greatness is not one of them.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone