I'm afraid 5.1.1 is the tops for this iPad.

On 7/27/19 12:05 PM, Tig wrote:
Sorry I didn’t mean use the flash drive but rather to use it as a temporary storage for anything on your iPad that’s taking up room. I guess I thought you might be having problems updating the iOS to 12 (or whatever it is now) because you had space issues? Your Photos app won’t be working because it has probably lost support due to the old iOS? 5 is pretty old now. There’ll be security issues warning various apps not to cooperate until everything is up to date.

If you don’t have space issues with updating, can you simply just bring it up to the latest iOS and then ‘possibly’ things will start working again.

Tig