See below.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 27, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Marlene Donnelly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks for your help!  This group is the best. This will just be for dummy purposes-- I can't imagine that U of C Press would be using ID.  The text file is docx (is there an easy way of importing tiff files into that?).

Drag and drop. Note that you’ll need to supply the publisher with the Tiff filed, not just within the docx file.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the publisher uses Indy or Quark. These are industry standard. Software that organizes pages into signatures should be left to the printer.

Ask the publisher if they have a template so you can apply standard page size, margins, type size, etc. emphasize it’s just to give you an idea; you’ll leave the layout to them.

The publisher has its own book designers, but I'd like to get a feel for the layout before it goes to U of C so we know ahead of time if there will be necessary text cuts (another can of worms).  I have about a week:(.  Is this just ridiculous?  I can believe there are plenty of gotchas in ID.

Dwaine, thanks so much for your generous offer, you may well hear from me!
Best,
Marlene