Hi Lynette,
I'm using OS 10.14.6 right now, and my Microsoft Office products (2011)
still open but are buggy and slow. I'm in the gradual process of switching
over to Apple's versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint because I don't
want to keep upgrading the Office products and I've never loved them
anyway. I don't worry about Adobe products because, with a monthly
subscription, I have automatic access to upgrades. I'm not really sure what
you mean about Adobe wanting to "control" the Mac, so I don't how helpful
this is!
Best of luck,
---
*Emily S. Damstra*