Hi Lynette:
I upgraded to Mojave, and when I did, it seemed the software, especially
Word, sent up messages wanting me to give them control of my documents.
I kept saying no, and they stopped. However, like Emily, I am using
Microsoft Office 2011, and it's problematic.  I use Excel a LOT, and
Powerpoint. I decided to stick with Powerpoint, because when I teach in
various spots, they don't often have the Apple equivalents. On two
occasions my laptop failed in workshops, and I relied on my flash drive
backups for Powerpoints and used their non-mac equipment.  So much as I
dislike it, I will probably upgrade soon to the Office package.

I was concerned with the Mojave upgrade, with requests to gain control
of documents, or contact lists, and I just kept saying no. I didn't have
time to read all the fine print to understand just what they wanted.  It
might be why Microsoft Word is so buggy right now :)

Perhaps others have read all the fine print to comprehend the consequences.

Cheers,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615