Hi Valerie, and thank you.  In the middle of the night I thought "I
should export" not drag, like the tech support lad told me. I think you
are bang on right.   I'll give that a try today.
I also read recently (prior to the AUS conference) that even if you open
a certain program, it degrades the image just to view it.  I'll have to
do a bit of searching to find that article.

There seems to be several opportunities across equipment and programs
that try to adjust the photos for some usage. It may not be the usage I
want. I simply want to download the original res without the program
trying to think for me.

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts.
Best cheer,
Linda