Thank you, Britt!
This is helpful information.

I do shoot RAW+jpeg with my DSLR, but they download beautifully and
quickly with Image Capture about 6000 photos uploaded very quickly. But
I've not used Photos with the processing of the photos. The iPhone was
problematic.

It's good to know more about how Photos works and how one can go in and
find where to find what one needs. I think I am still quite bleary from
the trip, and really know better to drag/drop, rather than import/export.
Thank you very much!
Best,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC