how much time do you estimate those two drawings would take, including comments and corrections? And go from there, is my suggestion.

Kathy

On Jul 24, 2019, at 7:36 PM, Stephen Nachtsheim <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi All!

After the conference, my boss asked me to do some illustrations for a paper he is publishing on a new insect species. This would be my first real scientific illustration job, and I’m not sure how to price it! He gave me suggestions, but he said I should look myself as well. As you can guess, the internet hasn’t been super helpful in how to price scientific illustrations. So I thought I would ask the experts! It would be just two images of an epiproct and an aedeagus.

It would just be a pen and ink / stippling illustration.

He recommended from $150 - $200 for Both. Is that a good amount?

Thank you!
Stephen Nachtsheim