Congratulations on your first gig, Stephen! I agree that the GAG handbook is a great reference.

There's probably an obvious and very reasonable answer for this, but why aren't we allowed to discuss specific prices on the list serve? When I was in school for science illustration we never mentioned actual numbers, which was pretty damaging to my business because it's taken the better part of ten years for me to figure out how much to charge. And I occasionally encounter other science illustrators who barely scrape by because they charge half of what I do, which really isn't helping anyone. Is it just a taboo subject, or are we worried about price fixing?

Kelly