Nope. Bluetooth but not AirDrop. sigh. it's a shame, the iPad works just fine, lovely screen.

Gail

On 7/27/19 10:35 AM, Linda Feltner wrote:
[log in to unmask]"> Hi Gail. I used to use my laptop as a Target Drive to the desktop, when I wanted to transfer large files, a simple drag and drop after they were connected.  NOW, with the new laptop, they tell me I have to use the new laptop as the main drive, and use the desktop (iMac) as the Target drive.  That's fine, I can just zip files to the other one much faster than a flash drive or the cloud.

I would shut down the one I use as the "target" (call it #2 drive).  The other computer (#1) was on.  I'd hook them up with a USB or Firewire cord.  Hold down "T" and start the #2 drive. keep holding down the T button until an icon appears in the middle (can't remember what it looks like now, sort of like a "recycle" symbol)   Then on computer #1, look on the finder for the icon for the #2 drive (just like an external drive would look).  drag and drop.

I'd advise searching for the latest method to use for your own devices, some sequences may have changed with the newer models.

Hope this helps,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615