From: Daniela Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, July 15, 2019 at 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: FW: Recruiting Medical Animator

The information for the Medical Animator job is provided below:

About JoMI
Short of being scrubbed in, JoMI offers the best opportunity to observe surgeries.
JoMI is a surgical video journal / virtual operating theatre. JoMI seeks to improve health care
and education by publishing surgical procedures filmed at hospitals making it possible for
residents, medical students, and the healthcare community at large to learn by watching the
best surgeons around the world.
JoMI has filmed at Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Charite
Hospital (in Berlin), Duke Medical Center, Rothman Institute, and other top institutions and, at
present, primarily focuses on orthopedics, orthopedic trauma, general surgery, neurosurgery,
and head-and-neck surgery.

Job Description
JoMI is looking for a full-time, in-house animator. We need someone proficient in Adobe After
Effects to create detailed medical animations that will be integrated in the final videos shown
on our website.
The responsibilities of the Animator are as follows:
● Maintain clearly labelled and organized files for easy use between teammates
● Create detailed anatomical illustrations staying true to our aesthetic
● Effectively incorporate assets into After Effects and create appealing and accurate
animations
● Work closely with our medical editorial team and other departments
● Take feedback and make changes asked by our team and outside collaborators

Candidate Requirements
● Previous experience with After Effects animation and motion graphics
● Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator
● Creativity
● Eye for detail
● Ability to take directions and feedback
● Video editing and use of Adobe Premiere a big plus

To Apply
Anyone can apply, from recent graduates to seasoned experts! In your application please
include a cover letter, an up-to-date resume, and a portfolio or demoreel showcasing your best
animation work. *Any applications without these materials will not be accepted.*
If you are selected as a top candidate, we will be sending you a test project as well as inviting
you for a video or in-person interview.

Compensation
Since we are a startup, we currently don’t have much capital to provide a high-paying
salary. What we can offer is generous performance-based equity in the company, so that
you can become a partner in JoMI. Other than equity, we will provide cash compensation as
well as free breakfast and lunch during every workday.

Thank you,

Daniela Lee

Video Production Lead

C: 408-599-0349