Photos can take in the original RAW+JPG files. I don’t think that would happen over iCloud however (?) I only see transfers of JPGs over iCloud. I just plug my phone into my computer with a lightning cable and open Photos. It usually jumps to the download screen by default. Then I just hit “download” and check the delete originals box, if I want them off my iPhone. I also do this with SD cards, though I can’t seem to make the images delete off the SD cards automatically, I have to go in by hand and do that to the card. It there were original RAW or HDR images, I can go in and find those directly by right clicking on my “Photos Library.photoslibrary” and select “Show Package Contents” to see the files directly. You probably don’t want to mess with the filed directly (though I have), as changes here are not reflected in the Photos database that runs the Photos interface.  If you do open the library package content, you can pull any photos you want to a thumbdrive.

Britt

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [SCIART] Fwd: [SCIART] TAN: Reason iPhotos download at different sizes

i am certainly no expert at all, but have your tried AirDrop from your iPhone to the computer? You have to do it in packets, don't try to move them all at once, but it went fast for us here. I moved all of my pix from my Photos app to Bob's computer in just a few minutes, and we did iPhone to laptop in Oz with slower WiFi.

Gail