BTW: the Lacey Act does not apply until after 1981

________________________________
From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Barry OConnor <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 10:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Entomology collection in Côte d’Ivoire?

Dear colleagues - A colleague and I are describing some new bee-associated mites collected from museum specimens of the bee hosts. A reviewer of the paper suggested that either holotypes (if required by law) or paratypes be deposited in the country of origin. I generally agree with this sentiment when there are reputable institutions with good track records of specimen conservation in those counries. One of the new species is from a bee collected in Côte d’Ivoire in 1979. I'm not aware of an entomological collection in that country that is well maintained. All I could find on-line are museums of cultural artifacts. Is anyone on the list familiar with such an institution?
I appreciate any help on this!
All the best! - Barry

--
-So many mites, so little time!