From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Derek Sikes
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Alaska’s Governor Wipes out University Research and Museum

Today's University of Alaska Board of regents meeting is over - good news! (relatively)

Seems they are going ahead with the 41% one-year University of Alaska system-wide cut, rather than the two-year plan which would defund the museum!

So the museum has gone from a potential 100% loss of state funding to a ~50% loss. It's still awful, just not devastating.

THANKS for all the support from those who wrote letters in support of the museum!!

There's still hope our state legislators will return some of the 41% cut to the UA budget so we'll be keeping an eye on that & writing them and the governor's office as well.

The University of Alaska Museum was mentioned in glowing terms during the meeting, I'm sure the widespread support & letters helped!!

-Derek