Registration is open for the conference Rhythm in Music since 1900.
For the conference program, travel information, and registration form,
please go to
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.colorado.edu_conference_rhythm-2Dsince-2D1900_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=XnQ6Jm673nR2vN2oj48I0Akl70ghypV9DqTRxq_uHQk&s=STrgQ9vZ-W8XrH5j5dwUvCYl4wm2KrRAE2QYeGknLgI&e=
Early registration ends on 1 October.

Rhythm in Music since 1900
17–18 November, 2019
University of Colorado Boulder

Keynote (lecture-recital): Pierre Laurent-Aimard, pianist
Invited speakers:
· Kyle Adams (Jacobs School of Music, Indiana University)
“On the Rhythmic Dialogues of Hip-Hop”
· Brian Alegant (Oberlin College Conservatory)
“How to Teach Complex Rhythms”
· Jeanne Bamberger (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
“From Action to Symbol: The Computer as Collaborator”
· John Roeder (University of British Columbia)
“Processes of Grouping and Pulse in Free Post-Tonal Canons”

Rhythm in music since 1900 remains a rich and fascinating field of inquiry.
This conference brings multiple perspectives to bear on this field. It
addresses repertoires ranging from jazz and popular music to world music
and art musics, and topics from performance and pedagogy to cognition and
theory. The keynote features renowned pianist Pierre-Laurent Aimard,
acclaimed particularly for his interpretations of music of our time. In
addition to his keynote lecture-recital, Aimard will also play a full
recital on 19 November.

Questions about registration or local arrangements should be directed to
Yonatan Malin, Local Arrangements Chair (yonatan.malin -at- colorado.edu),
and others to Daphne Leong (daphne.leong -at- colorado.edu).

We hope to welcome you in Boulder.
- Daphne Leong