The University of Texas at Austin: College of Fine Arts: Butler School of
Music

Full-time, tenure-track; salary commensurate with qualifications and
experience. Responsibilities include undergraduate and graduate
instruction, advising, supervision of theses, and university service. The
successful candidate will be expected to maintain a record of professional
scholarly activity appropriate for tenure at a Tier 1 research university.

Qualifications:
PhD completed by August 2020. We seek candidates whose areas of research
and teaching expertise complement those of existing faculty, with a
particular interest in music, media, and technology (digital humanities,
mediated sound, studio production, sampling, the internet and musical
communities, etc.). We particularly welcome individuals who are willing to
seek and expand cross-departmental collaborations, and who are able to
introduce students to practical skills in digital humanities (or other
technologies) as part of their pedagogical practice. Candidates should
demonstrate a strong record of (or potential for) research, as well as
evidence of successful teaching at the college level.

The Musicology/Ethnomusicology division offers a diverse curriculum that
includes many different music-making traditions and cultures. The
successful candidate will demonstrate a record of promoting a learning and
research environment that advances diversity, equity and inclusion.

Application Instructions:
Review of applications begins September 23. Applications will continue to
be accepted after this date and the position will remain open until filled.

Applications should include:
cover letter
curriculum vitae
complete contact information for five references

Please do not submit additional supporting materials unless requested by
the search committee.

FMI: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_66519&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=tqJAvKSIvLApOXV4iwRiXzYbpK5-sPGA59Is4wvGzE4&s=piRcWK8KcLpOzcbDI-yDSuOPQxWTEia9Xu8qsmS2MbI&e=