Erin You have a great plan, the only other thing I would suggest is to go to museums and collections and ask to see the illustration collections. Looking at the work or earlier artists can really give you a good feel for a lot of different ways of presenting information and what types of information is important to capture for the type of specimen you have.

Liz Lockett