Your recent backups… what are you backing up from? If you mean your Time Machine backups, well it all depends on whether the original files on your hard drive are infected. Before you worry about how to clean the files up, first determine IF they are infected.

If they aren’t, then delete the files on your host site and re-upload from your hard drive. If they are infected, then you need to clean up the files. I’ve only ever had one problem that was easily remedied with Combo Cleaner. Perhaps others can recommend additional apps/services.

Getting Captcha to work can be tricky. I use a very simple version on my web contact page - I have people type in a number and click a submit button. It took a while to get it to work, as it can depend on what services your host provides. If your host has a decent help service, that might be the way to go. Otherwise, I’m happy to share my code with you. But off-list please.