Interesting. I’m a CA artist and I’ve heard nothing about this. I’ll ask around and keep my ears tuned.
Lynette

On Aug 20, 2019, at 4:27 PM, Catherine Wilson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I heard a disturbing news. A court ruling in California know informally as Dynamex, may tighten the laws around independent contractors, the problem for freelancers: someone is an independent contractor only if they perform work “outside the usual course of the hiring entity’s business.” Has anyone else heard of this?

Here is a journal article about it.

At your service,
Cat