Hi All:
I have been contacted by one of the four members of the contingent from the Zhejiang Museum of Natural History. This group came to the GNSI 2017 Conference in North Carolina, meeting many of us at the Portfolio Review night. They wish to purchase a specific painting of mine for their collection.

I wondered if anyone had recommendations for international shippers, and also independent insurance?  The contract states they will provide shipping insurance, but I am researching purchasing independent insurance for artwork.

I have shipped a lot through UPS internationally to exhibitions. I have purchased insurance through UPS, however if anything ever was damaged (yes, I know many horror stories) it will be a tedious process to prove the claim, especially if it's original art.  A long time ago, FEDEX offered "insurance" but it was not really insurance, one just paid for a high-value declaration. The fine print used to say $250 max, altho you pay for declaring a multi-thousand dollar painting.  I don't ship with FEDEX for that reason - but their policy may have changed, of course. I have friends who prefer to ship through them.

I am a naturally cautious businesswoman, especially when it comes to international shipping and sales. Your thoughts are very welcome.
Best,

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538