I suppose so but having interactions with professionals is also very important.
How will you get feedback on your work? It is precise work and no wiggle room for mess-ups.
Please feel free to call me if you want to discuss this.

Dorie

Dorie Petrochko
Senior Instructor-Natural Science Illustration Program
Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
170 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
203-5070356