Hi Kelsey: I may not be able to help you with the *Courier,* except to second Matt’s suggestion regarding trying to obtain the original microfilm. But you might be interested, judging by the column you sent, to know about a young African American woman from Pittsburgh during that era named, as I remember, Willa Cather White. I sent a scan of her picture and the caption to James or Tim last year, I think. I did a little bit of digging and found some more info about her. Would you like me to dig through my paper files at the office and send that material to you? I don’t think I’m the only one who is intrigued at the idea of a person of color at that time being named Willa Cather White!

Best wishes,

Chuck

Dr. Charles Johanningsmeier

Isaacson Professor