Applications are invited for an Assistant Professor in Music from 1
September 2020. The successful candidate will have expertise in teaching in
the field of music analysis and contribute towards the teaching of
musicology in general. The post will include teaching undergraduate modules
which may include: Analysis 1: Elements of Tonal Theory and Practice (Level
1), Theory and Analysis (Level 2), and Studies in Symphonic Analysis (Level
3). The Assistant Professor will be expected to contribute to the
development and delivery of our curriculum (lectures, tutorials, seminars,
workshops) at UG and PG Level. The successful candidate will conduct
high-quality research in their field of expertise and they will be expected
to develop connections and interdisciplinary dialogue between the field of
expertise and other areas supported by the Department. The successful
candidate will be entitled to apply for research leave and research support
in accordance with University and Departmental guidelines.

The University provides a working and teaching environment which is
inclusive and welcoming and where everyone is treated fairly with dignity
and respect. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate these key
principles as part of the assessment process.

The Department

The Department of Music at Durham University is one of the very best in the
UK, and indeed worldwide, with an outstanding reputation for excellence in
teaching and research. We were ranked third in the last national research
evaluation (REF2014) in terms of the quality of our work. We attract
exceptionally talented undergraduate, MA and doctoral students, and we
focus on high quality research-led teaching. We also regularly attract
postdoctoral fellows to the Department with funding from national and
international research councils and foundations. The department delivers
very high levels of overall student satisfaction. In student-facing guides
and league tables we are regularly ranked as the number one Music
Department in the UK (Complete University Guide 2018, 2019, and 2020; The
Sunday Times University League Table 2017, 2018 and 2019; Guardian
University League Table 2019).

For more information about the Department, see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.dur.ac.uk_music_&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=ntpfGQlVOLZNWWK805hSefKx9Q7IiSD7yKquiZquiLk&s=z_-bnByGlZTwewirQLnbmcKg8noMMKngtwfQ-shX7y0&e=

To apply: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.dur.ac.uk_jobs_recruitment_vacancies_musi20-2D1_&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=ntpfGQlVOLZNWWK805hSefKx9Q7IiSD7yKquiZquiLk&s=WyntrPvkXj1GG376UGOTwZScoADDN6q0GslRtAM2Leg&e=