CFPs Interdisciplinary Symposium Weimar 20/20
WEIMAR IN 20/20

DER GLANZ DER LEEREN MITTE ~ THE GLAMOUR OF THE EMPTY CENTRE
King’s/Western University invites abstract submissions for an
interdisciplinary symposium aimed at researchers engaged in the political,
cultural, and social legacies of the Weimar Republic.

“Weimar in 20/20” tackles the insistent presence – in politics, culture,
and social identities – of the Weimar Republic, whose foundational
revolutionary impulses reach us today filtered through an intervening
century of memory, nostalgia, regrets, and unfinished business. Weimar in
the year 2020 is an urgent inspiration and warning: an uncertain blueprint
for contemporary politics and values that even in hindsight, we struggle to
evaluate clearly, with “20/20” vision.

Please see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__weimar2020.wordpress.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=1JazKJE4-vhxBcli8LsjsXm912HGFPP94roU0BVQGlE&s=HpFALvZ1SL157g1qviF25HdiAiGiQO6S1CQrtdT2hAw&e=  for a detailed description of
the conference theme and possible topics.

We invite proposals for 30-minute conference papers accessible to an
interdisciplinary audience. Abstracts of 350 words should be submitted to
weimar -at- uwo.ca by Sept. 30, 2019. The conference’s working language is
English. A peer-reviewed volume is planned as a continuation of the
conference discussions.