The Stony Brook Department of Music seeks a scholar of music whose research
and teaching profiles complement those of our current faculty. We have a
particular interest in applicants whose research specialties intersect with
one or more these areas: new approaches to music before 1600; gender,
sexuality, and queer theory; critical race studies; or popular music
studies. Candidates should hold a Ph.D, or have advanced ABD status, in
Music History, Theory, or Ethnomusicology, and should be well-versed in
both historical and theoretical domains. We look for demonstrated
achievement in or potential for scholarly productivity, and a record of
successful teaching experience. Responsibilities will include undergraduate
and graduate instruction, supervision of student research and writing,
advising, and departmental and university service.

This is a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level (if
holding a doctorate). Starting date: late August 2020. Salary according to
qualifications.

Application deadline: review of files begins October 1, 2019, but
applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants
should complete the Academic Jobs Online application at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__academicjobsonline.org_ajo_jobs_14419&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=tEexlwICxlw6jJ_yUTp89qrhi44wk0435cFf64kyu4M&s=QX1lJlsEwAEiJVIIqlEJPU6BFxHp01-LRpSsfi094l0&e= . Electronic submission of
materials is required. The application requires these materials: cover
letter, CV, statement of experience in promoting diversity, equity, and
inclusion in scholarship and the classroom, and three letters of
recommendation.

More information: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.stonybrook.edu_commcms_music_about_jobs.php&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=tEexlwICxlw6jJ_yUTp89qrhi44wk0435cFf64kyu4M&s=8Zep-fHO2pZFdQl_HSgNCzNZWMZspPt_y3bCGWq1GrM&e=