The Stony Brook Department of Music seeks a scholar of music whose research and teaching profiles complement those of our current faculty. We have a particular interest in applicants whose research specialties intersect with one or more these areas: new approaches to music before 1600; gender, sexuality, and queer theory; critical race studies; or popular music studies. Candidates should hold a Ph.D, or have advanced ABD status, in Music History, Theory, or Ethnomusicology, and should be well-versed in both historical and theoretical domains. We look for demonstrated achievement in or potential for scholarly productivity, and a record of successful teaching experience. Responsibilities will include undergraduate and graduate instruction, supervision of student research and writing, advising, and departmental and university service.

This is a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level (if holding a doctorate). Starting date: late August 2020. Salary according to qualifications.

Application deadline: review of files begins October 1, 2019, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants should complete the Academic Jobs Online application at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/14419. Electronic submission of materials is required. The application requires these materials: cover letter, CV, statement of experience in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in scholarship and the classroom, and three letters of recommendation.

More information: https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/music/about/jobs.php