Just curious if thes that don’t show an icon are old or new? Are they all on your internal hard drive or other drives? Are drives PC or Mac formatted?

I wonder what would happen if you took one of files that is not showing a preview and open and save as in Photoshop and then see what happens. I’m not suggesting you do this... just wondering if it has something to do with older files.

Also check your disks with Disk First Aid as a precaution. Have you accessed your backup files and do you have the same issue with them?

The next step would be to move Finder prefs from your library folder to your desktop. Then reboot - new prefs will be created) and see if that clears it up.

Sent from my iPhone