Karen, yes, it sounds like using the Finder’s column view or Bridge to see the images - then doing SAVE As for older files is my best way forward with this issue. Perhaps it will be fixed in the next OS upgrade. BTW, Disk First Aid found nothing amiss on my system, so no culprits appeared that way.

Thank you again for your feedback and suggestions! Happily, this is not one of the more serious computer issues I could be facing - and there’s some comfort knowing I’m not the only one.

Lynette