Hi Gail,
There is a lot of see-sawing opinions about watermarking. Some Fine Art
Galleries and Exhibitions don't allow watermarking, they say it turns
off collectors..  But I've seen these past 5-10 yrs that there has been
a shift towards watermarking. Some organizations insist on it now.  I
believe it has become a necessity.  Artwork can be copied via
screenshots so not metadata can be attached, and theft seems a bit more
rampant nowadays.  I can't say I like to look at artwork with a
watermark plastered over the good part, but I do it regardless. When a
collector contacts me, they don't usually ask for a non-watermarked
large version so they can see detail.

My 2.5 cents,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC