Hi everyone!

Our three-person, Seattle-based team of natural science illustrators, educators, and software developers received a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to create an interactive, art-based engagement platform for kids to explore science.

We're making scientific sketching the foundation of all of our activities. We're putting out a call to fellow scientific illustrators to submit animal anatomy layers to our little startup. We're offering a $100 honorarium for each complete set of assets – outer layer, musculature, and skeleton – for non-exclusive rights to use on our website. We'll create outlines based on the skin layer of each animal for kids to draw in, and they'll be able to "x-ray" their own drawings to reveal the skeleton and musculature you've drawn.

We'd also love a little blurb/artist note about how you went about drawing the specific animal, as a way of showing kids the different ways artists approach their artmaking. Our hope, as we collect a library of illustrated animals from a diverse team of scientific illustrators, is that kids can see themselves in the representation of a large community from people all over the world.

If you're interested or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks so much for your consideration!

Best,
Jen

Jennifer Primm (she/her)
Co-founder, Educator, and Scientific Illustrator
CURIO INTERACTIVE | PLAYFUL LEARNING

w: www.curiointeractive.com | p: 503.459.8975