From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of John Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:08:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Syllabi for courses on econ of race, gender, etc?

Dear All,

TCU has just introduced a fantastic initiative, adding the requirement that all students take a course on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion alongside other core courses (like 3 hour of math, 9 hours of humanities, etc.). My colleague Dawn Elliott and I are anxious to develop something for econ, perhaps adapting our Contending Perspectives in Econ class such that one gets a view of these issues from the perspectives of various schools of thought.

I was just sitting down to put something together when it struck me that I was no doubt re-inventing the wheel! I'm sure many of you have taught such courses. To that end, might I humbly request copies of syllabi (that you can send directly to [log in to unmask])? It would be a great help to us.

I have attached the draft requirements for this new course, but that's just FYI. No need to look at it unless you  are simply curious.

Thanks!

John

--

John T. Harvey
Professor of Economics

The Cowboy Economist Page (includes link to YouTube series)

Forbes.com Blog