The Graduate Association of Musicologists und Theorists (GAMuT) at the
University of North Texas is pleased to announce its 7th Annual GAMuT
Graduate Student Conference to be held Saturday, February 1, 2020 on our
campus in Denton, Texas. We are excited to welcome Professor Tomie Hahn
(Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) as this year’s keynote speaker with a
presentation titled “Essence—The Senses in Research and Creativity.”
We invite graduate students to submit paper proposals on any topic related
to the fields of musicology, music theory, or ethnomusicology.
Interdisciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged. Papers will be
twenty minutes in length followed by a ten-minute question and answer
period. All papers accepted for presentation will be eligible for the
conference paper award.

Proposals of no more than 500 words with up to 4 pages of examples should
be submitted as a single PDF file to PeterKohanski -at- my.unt.edu with a
cover letter written in the body of the email that provides the title of
the paper as well as the author's name, institutional affiliation, email
address, and telephone number. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously, so
please remove identifying information from the abstract itself.

The University of North Texas is located in Denton approximately
twenty-five miles north of DFW International Airport. To learn more about
our College of Music, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__music.unt.edu&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=W3JZXtnRIuGP1c4Ol6D99WafoadaQAWcDSbTww1aeSU&s=msyWkvt0tPfxG2ccWzdgJEh9z5yHJSI8SLDdpv04Ph4&e= . For more information
about the conference, including local arrangements, visit
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mhte.music.unt.edu_gamut-23conference&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=W3JZXtnRIuGP1c4Ol6D99WafoadaQAWcDSbTww1aeSU&s=0jub53cc-1sGrMyl8VDlpFtkbyDgz4a3uRpXECDPppM&e= . This website will be updated
with new information as it becomes available, including a full schedule,
abstracts, and local arrangements.

Please email all inquiries to conference co-chair Peter Kohanski at
PeterKohanski -at- my.unt.edu.

The deadline for the call for papers has been extended to 15 October 2019,
5pm CST. Decisions will be returned by 1 November 2019.

Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mhte.music.unt.edu_gamut-23conference&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=W3JZXtnRIuGP1c4Ol6D99WafoadaQAWcDSbTww1aeSU&s=0jub53cc-1sGrMyl8VDlpFtkbyDgz4a3uRpXECDPppM&e=