The Graduate Association of Musicologists und Theorists (GAMuT) at the University of North Texas is pleased to announce its 7th Annual GAMuT Graduate Student Conference to be held Saturday, February 1, 2020 on our campus in Denton, Texas. We are excited to welcome Professor Tomie Hahn (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) as this year’s keynote speaker with a presentation titled “Essence—The Senses in Research and Creativity.”
We invite graduate students to submit paper proposals on any topic related to the fields of musicology, music theory, or ethnomusicology. Interdisciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged. Papers will be twenty minutes in length followed by a ten-minute question and answer period. All papers accepted for presentation will be eligible for the conference paper award.

Proposals of no more than 500 words with up to 4 pages of examples should be submitted as a single PDF file to PeterKohanski -at- my.unt.edu with a cover letter written in the body of the email that provides the title of the paper as well as the author's name, institutional affiliation, email address, and telephone number. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously, so please remove identifying information from the abstract itself.

The University of North Texas is located in Denton approximately twenty-five miles north of DFW International Airport. To learn more about our College of Music, visit http://music.unt.edu. For more information about the conference, including local arrangements, visit https://mhte.music.unt.edu/gamut#conference. This website will be updated with new information as it becomes available, including a full schedule, abstracts, and local arrangements.

Please email all inquiries to conference co-chair Peter Kohanski at PeterKohanski -at- my.unt.edu.

The deadline for the call for papers has been extended to 15 October 2019, 5pm CST. Decisions will be returned by 1 November 2019.

Website: https://mhte.music.unt.edu/gamut#conference