The AMS Music and Philosophy Study Group will hold a low-key, intimate
workshop for works-in-progress during its business meeting at the AMS
Annual Meeting. The meeting is scheduled for Friday, November 1, from
12:30–2:00 p.m.

We invite submissions of excerpts of writing-in-progress for collective
workshopping and discussion within the study group. We especially encourage
submissions from graduate students or other early career scholars. Length
of the papers should be in the target range of 10-15 pages. If the writing
is excerpted, a brief 1-2 sentence description of the larger piece of
writing would be helpful at the beginning of the document. Please anonymize
the writing sample itself; if we get a large number of submissions we will
have to choose only a few for discussion, and we would want to do so
anonymously.

Once the submissions have been determined, with permission of the authors,
we would circulate the drafts to current MPSG members via the MPSG
listserv. At the event, we’re aiming for a positive workshop atmosphere
focused on constructive feedback and professional support. We hope the
meeting will provide a place to socialize with others who have a common
interest in music and philosophy.

Please submit draft writings to mpsg.workshop2019 -at- gmail.com by October
21st at 11:59 p.m. P.S.T.

Please direct questions to the current MPSG chair, Michael Gallope
(mgallope -at- umn.edu).

More information:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__musicandphilosophy.tumblr.com_about&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=By8xS93IPf93VCipm1Y15NdFG684-cqAUFJYGwmfoqI&s=4PJUzDdLSs05txiR1qVAMBrX2l0FWfHIaJt4hSBTatI&e=