In 1971, Eileen Southern, the first African-American woman tenured in
Harvard's Faculty of Arts and Sciences, published her landmark monograph:
The Music of Black Americans, currently in its third edition. We are
faculty, graduate students and library staff at Harvard who see in the
approaching golden anniversary of Professor Southern's accomplishment an
opportunity to celebrate and reflect upon her work.

Do you have a memory of Eileen Southern to share? Harvard University
graduate students would appreciate the opportunity to interview you. At the
annual meeting of the American Musicological Society in Boston, MA, they
will staff an oral history booth to record personal knowledge that will
help preserve Professor Southern's legacy. Project staff are particularly
interested in meeting former students, collaborators and friends of
Professor Southern as well as anyone with thoughts about The Music of Black
Americans.

Sign up here!
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forms.gle_iZ9sqjc4CeLPUy8S9&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=8aB9Rk-9Gj6UqOSINKdUTRKDnpkGIR_qF_hl5CCcWOo&s=3ISPD_tzOYY8-2q6YEBas3P1mNgcnSkKyaKFFkib99k&e=

Or simply drop in between 4 and 5 on Friday, November 1st or Saturday,
November 2nd. We'll be in the Revere Room, located on the lobby level of
the Boston Westin Waterfront Hotel. Light refreshments will be served.

Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__projects.iq.harvard.edu_musicofblackamericans_activities&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=8aB9Rk-9Gj6UqOSINKdUTRKDnpkGIR_qF_hl5CCcWOo&s=G5w7GtWxto0Ijb5gpWzYv0yUGaqupgu7IXcEJ8XbVC0&e=