Call for Papers:

The organisers and the Programme Committee invite proposals for the 2020
Medieval and Renaissance Music Conference (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.efdelegates.ed.ac.uk_MedRen2020&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=dxgA3mR2fBAA014wwiBJQBnP6QWDxv2IJeG-AJmqq-o&s=6SFEoMIXz_Xxv1oNcV5_8zfbcnj6ibMSP2LdRQsn8g4&e= ), to be held in Edinburgh on
1-4 July 2020.

Proposals on all topics relating to Medieval and Renaissance Music, broadly
construed, are welcomed, but we are particularly interested in the
following areas: Music in Britain; Chant; Gender and music; Music and
medievalism; Music and the environment; Music outside of continental
Europe; Early Music and Digital Technologies; The state of the discipline

Conference languages:
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Possible formats of presentations include, but are not limited to:
 individual papers of 20 minutes
 paired papers
 themed sessions
 round tables
 workshops/ lecture-recitals
 posters

The conference will include a dedicated poster session.

Please send proposals to medren2020 -at- gmail.com by 31 December.
Notification of acceptance will be given by February 14th. Proposals should
include:

 Title of paper
 Speaker(s)
 Affiliation
 A proposal of c.250 words
For themed sessions:
 title of paper
 chair (if known)
 names of all participants
 total required duration (blocks of 90 minutes are preferred)
 short description of contents

Registration will go live on February 1 2020 at the following address:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.efdelegates.ed.ac.uk_MedRen2020&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=dxgA3mR2fBAA014wwiBJQBnP6QWDxv2IJeG-AJmqq-o&s=6SFEoMIXz_Xxv1oNcV5_8zfbcnj6ibMSP2LdRQsn8g4&e=

Programme Committee:
 James Cook
 Marianne Gillion
 Thomas Schmidt