**Please note: deadline extended to November 11, 2019**

Un/Sounding the Relational City
Deadline for submissions: November 11, 2019
Conference dates: February 28–29, 2020
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__as.nyu.edu_music_events_2019-2D2020-2Devents_un-2Dsounding-2Dthe-2Drelational-2Dcity.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=GS5KWZ5BWdSA41kp1qHyqJn9lHOGCXAS7OS1G51IGl0&s=hqB-y85lath6KKzUx0HPGl2oTiAF725UKs43K_GewLk&e=
New York University Department of Music, Graduate School of Arts & Science

Keynote speaker: Steven Feld, Senior Scholar, School for Advanced Research

Un/Sounding the Relational City is the Spring 2020 conference organized by
the Music Department of New York University’s Graduate School of Arts &
Science. We invite participants to ask how the sonic politics of urban
space and the rhetoric of soundness provide a critical vantage into the
role of sound and music, real or imagined, in organizing or disorganizing
urban life. The conference will feature programming in the form of
traditional academic paper presentations as well as live performances and
audiovisual work.

For the full Call for Presentations, please visit:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__as.nyu.edu_music_events_2019-2D2020-2Devents_un-2Dsounding-2Dthe-2Drelational-2Dcity_call-2Dfor-2Dpresentations.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=GS5KWZ5BWdSA41kp1qHyqJn9lHOGCXAS7OS1G51IGl0&s=_AebnSuyZ-G5Le9MHN5OduDcNxdKbZzzUTVp1F798Pc&e=

We welcome submissions from scholars and artists at any career stage, and
especially encourage independent scholars and graduate students to submit.
We hope that financial concerns will not prevent anyone from submitting an
abstract: there will be a limited fund available to support travel on an
as-needed basis.

Please submit abstracts to relationalcity -at- gmail.com by Friday,
November 1, 2019. In your email, please include:

Title
Abstract (for papers, 20 minutes + 10 minute Q&A) or Proposal (for
performances/installations), 250–300 words
Name(s) of presenter(s)
Affiliation (if any)
Presentation format
A/V or other technical requirements
Hyperlinks for up to 3 relevant video/audio samples (for
performances/installations)

We ask that you remove any identifying information from your
abstract/description, though we understand that audiovisual work samples
may be difficult to fully anonymize.

Email relationalcity -at- gmail.com with any questions.